শনিবার, ২৭ অক্টোবর, ২০১২

Focus on the Family Community: Relationships and Marriage: I have ...

I struggled with the same issue 3 months ago.? Everything was hidden.? But after 6 months of getting into the word, praying, and listening to God, I had to confess.? The Holy Spirit convicted me in a great but scary way.? I couldn't sleep, eat, look at the tv or computer straight.? My wife was devastated and still is.? She had had an emotional affair 3 years ago that I judged her over while having worse sin (from the human perspective) hidden in my life. If you are saved, and letting the Holy Spirit work (not quenching the HS), maybe that is why you are feeling guilt and can't eat?? When I was quenching the Holy Spirit, I was okay living in hiddenness

?

I couldn't not tell her if I had any hope that God would honor my marriage and by a miracle of His bring us back together.? If I didn't confess, I know that God would not work in her heart because he had to deal with me first.? We are now separated for the last 3 months, and absent a miracle of God, Satan will win our marriage.? However my hope is in God, maybe because that is all I have.? Maybe it is because I know that God hates divorce and is a God of forgiveness and restoration.? It will also be a very long road if God does a miracle.

?

Also, I had to tell my wife if I have any hope to have what I now really pray for and want--a close, intimate, God honoring marriage.? Again it may not happen as she is hurt badly and also has free will.? So she is struggling with obeying God and staying together for the kids verses disgust for me.? ONLY God.......

?

So for both reasons, obeying God and the possibility of rebuilding with my wife, I had to confess.? Are my earthly circumstances worse-by far right now.? Are the impacts to others-kids, family, friends worse right now?? Yes, by far.? Have I honored God and shown my wife sacrificial love-yes, maybe for the first time in my life.? I am clear before God because he has forgiven me because of Christ's sacrifice.? And I am walking in obedience because I have confessed and asked for forgiveness from my wife (and sister in Christ) whom I sinned against.That is following scripture.? She has a choice now to follow scripture and forgive even though it will be unbeleiveably difficult.? If she doesn't, not many will not fault her because my sin is so egregious and in my opinion too many people take the Matthew 19 exception clause for adultery out of context and ignore the rest of scripture in Mark, Luke, Hosea, and Romans.? And even part of Matthew 19 (verse 6)

?

Are there consequences to sin-Oh yes.? I also think that you might be rationalizing David's situation.? Yes, he sinned against God first, but it didn't say he didn't seek forgiveness of others including Uriah's extending family.? And all Israel knew about the consequences, and even suffered some.? The Bible is full of stories where the offender had to make up many time over for the original sin.? I need to walk in repentence the rest of my life.? I need to take the rest of my life to rebuild trust.? II Corinthians 7:9-11.? Verse 11 stipulates that everyone knows about their sin and the sinner(s) work diligently to clear themselves.

?

Ultimately, be praying for God's will not your own.? He will show you what to do....

Source: http://www.focusonlinecommunities.com/thread/25420

rory mcilroy Fatboy Slim Rio de Janeiro Shark Week London 2012 closing ceremony Shark Week 2012 evelyn lozada

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন